Front of House Staff receive, welcome, and relay the requests of diners at restaurants. Included in this category of employees are hosts, waiters, and sommeliers, among others.
Front of House Staff Job Description Template
We are looking for trusty, well-presented Front of House Staff to supplement our existing team. Contingent on their placement, Front of House Staff may be responsible for receiving guests, escorting them to their tables, and conveying their requests to kitchen staff. You should also provide customers with a check upon completion of their meal.
To be successful as Front of House Staff, you should be outgoing, personable, and adept at stress management. Remarkable Front of House Staff will provide foreign diners with suggestions for nearby entertainment.
Front of House Staff Responsibilities:
- Receiving and confirming walk-in, telephonic, and online reservations.
- Directing early arrivals to the bar as they wait for their tables to become available.
- Ushering diners to their tables and providing them with menus.
- Accepting and informing the relevant staff about food and beverage requests.
- Mixing and pouring beverages, as needed.
- Transporting food orders from the kitchen to each pertinent table.
- Clearing glassware, silverware, and crockery from each table once guests have completed their meals, or upon request.
- Providing guests with their checks after the meal sitting.
- Clearing and reporting breakages by diners.
Front of House Requirements:
- High school diploma or suitable equivalent.
- Proven experience in the position of interest.
- Professional hair and make-up with no large, visible tattoos.
- Wearing and maintaining the prescribed uniform.
- Excellent verbal communication and memorization skills.
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to remain composed, particularly during stressful or uncomfortable circumstances.
- Physically fit.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to perform additional duties to facilitate the restaurant's operations, as needed.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources