Front of House Staff are typically the first point of contact between restaurants and their patrons. The Front of House team encompasses a number of individuals, including ushers, waitstaff, and bartenders.
When interviewing Front of House Staff, preferred candidates will exhibit the ability to maintain communication, particularly during trying situations. Avoid candidates who lack geniality, professionalism, and the capacity to work on their feet for extended periods.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Front of House Staff:
1. Why are you particularly suited to Front of House positions, as opposed to other roles?
Reveals suitability for the vacancy.
2. How would you keep track of multiple requests?
Assesses multitasking and organizational skills.
3. What would you do if a customer broke an expensive glass?
Tests communication and customer service abilities.
4. What would you do if a coworker failed to appear for their shift?
Highlights analytical and interpersonal skills, and a willingness to provide additional support.
5. Which of the Front of House positions would you be interested in filling?
Shows enthusiasm about the specified post, plus a willingness to transition to other roles, if required.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources