Wait Staff, also known as Waiters, Waitresses, or Servers, work in establishments that serve food. They are responsible for taking orders, delivering food and drinks, and processing payments.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Wait Staff Job Description Template
We are looking for friendly and efficient Wait Staff to serve patrons at our establishment. Wait Staff will be responsible for preparing tables, greeting and seating customers, making recommendations, taking orders, delivering food and drinks as well as accepting payments.
To be successful as Wait Staff you should be able to provide customers with an outstanding experience. Top-notch Wait Staff should work well in a team and have excellent customer service skills.
Wait Staff Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers and showing them to their table.
- Preparing tables, ensuring they are clean and fully set.
- Maintaining knowledge of the complete menu, daily specials, and available items.
- Presenting customers with the menu, informing them of daily specials, and taking orders.
- Checking the quality of dishes before serving them.
- Delivering food and beverages in a timely manner.
- Attending tables and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Delivering checks and taking payments.
- Handling customer complaints.
- Strictly adhering to food, sanitary, and safety standards.
Wait Staff Requirements:
- Experience as Wait Staff, Server or in a similar role preferred.
- Experience operating a cash register and using ordering systems.
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good physical condition.
- Good team player.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources