Catering Managers perform the planning and management of catered events. Their duties include consulting with customers to determine their catering requirements, supervising catering staff, and coordinating the preparation and serving of food during events. They may also be required to arrange transportation for food and catering equipment.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Catering Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a versatile and well-organized Catering Manager to oversee our event catering services. As a Catering Manager, you will finalize sales contracts and ensure that catering order forms reflect customer requirements. Your duties will include planning menus, organizing venues and equipment, and hiring catering staff.
To be successful as a Catering Manager, you should possess extensive experience in event catering and delivering cost-effective services. Top-notch Catering Managers build good relationships with customers and exceed expectations.
Catering Manager Responsibilities:
- Determining customer requirements and proposing catering options.
- Negotiating prices and preparing meticulous catering order forms.
- Planning menus and overseeing venue, equipment, food, and service preparations.
- Hiring, training, and supervising catering staff, as well as scheduling employee shifts.
- Liaising with customers, sales staff, chefs, and specialized catering equipment providers.
- Overseeing seating arrangements, the serving of meals and beverages, and the clearing of tables.
- Monitoring the availability of catering stock and supplies and ordering replenishments.
- Tracking catering expenses and maintaining accurate records.
- Adhering to food and health industry regulations and standards.
- Researching catering trends and promoting competitive catering services.
Catering Manager Requirements:
- Accredited course in Catering Management, or similar.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality and Culinary Arts or Business Management would be advantageous.
- 3-5 years of experience in Catering Management, or similar.
- Knowledge of electronic catering management systems, such as Better Cater and Caterease.
- Exceptional ability to deliver catering services within budget and on time.
- Experience in hiring, training, and overseeing catering staff.
- Ability to coordinate catering requirements with customers, chefs, and suppliers.
- The ability to apply industry knowledge to improve catering services.
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in catering management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources