Caterer Job Description Template:
We are looking for a creative and friendly caterer to be responsible for consulting with clients to create menus for client events and parties. The caterer will need to adhere to contract requirements regarding dietary preferences, timelines, and budgets to assist in delivering a smoothly run and presented event.
To be successful as a caterer, you should have excellent people and customer service skills. You should be creative, detail-oriented, and a skilled planner.
- Meeting with clients to discuss specifications and guest dietary requirements and plan event menus.
- Obtaining contracts and adhering to specified terms.
- Sourcing ingredients for planned menus ahead of time.
- Preparing and serving food at events.
- Sourcing and transporting servers to and from events.
- Transporting food and equipment to and from events.
- Ensuring food remains fresh and is served at the correct temperature through mobile cooking stations.
- Inspecting and assisting with event planning and set up, as well as assisting with any issues that arise during the event and helping with clean up.
- Handling managerial aspects of the business, such as contracts and invoices.
- Observing and enforcing food safety regulations.
- A high school diploma.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of safe food handling and preparation techniques.
- Problem-solving, conflict resolution, and business management skills.
- Creative thinking and design skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.