Event Coordinators, also known as Event Specialists or Event Planners, are responsible for every aspect of event planning. Their main duties include selecting venues, determining the cost, arranging event services and monitoring client approval. They may work for an events company or as a contractor.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Event Coordinator Job Description Template:
We are searching for a talented and motivated Event Coordinator to organize outstanding and unforgettable events. You will be responsible for every part of event preparations, such as choosing venues, approving menus, developing seating plans, and evaluating success afterward.
As the Event Coordinator, you should be well-organized and possess a sound knowledge of vendor management. Excellent communication and attention to detail skills are vital in this role, as our success depends on meeting our client's tailored requirements.
- Identify the client’s requirements and expectations for each event.
- Liaise with vendors, exhibitors, and stakeholders during the event planning process to ensure everything is in order.
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes.
- Maintain event budgets.
- Book venues, entertainers, photographers, and schedule speakers.
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the client’s standards.
- Assess an event’s overall success and submit findings.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an event coordinator.
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities.
- Outstanding vendor management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or Public Relations is preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.