Event Hosts help plan and organize various functions. Their responsibilities include assisting guests with venue navigation, managing support staff, and ensuring that the event stays on schedule and that any issues are dealt with promptly and discreetly.
When interviewing Event Hosts, look for candidates who display positive attitudes and professional, yet friendly demeanors. Avoid candidates who appear ill-groomed and those who cannot think on their feet.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Event Hosts:
1. Describe a successful event you hosted. What was the highlight for you?
Reveals level of experience, interests, and motivations.
2. A new server grows flustered and starts mixing up orders. How do you respond?
Tests communication skills and the ability to act under pressure.
3. What do you do if a guest refuses to sit at their allocated seat?
Shows the ability to handle rudimentary hosting tasks.
4. Describe a time when you dealt with a very difficult guest. What did you learn?
Demonstrates problem-solving skills and reveals a willingness to learn from past experiences.
5. An entire table has received the wrong orders. How do you diffuse the situation?
Tests interpersonal and customer service skills, as well as the ability to respond appropriately in stressful situations.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources