Caterers consult with clients to create menus and serve food at client events and parties. Caterers assist with event planning, transporting servers and food, serving food, as well as set up and clean up.
When interviewing Caterers, look for candidates who demonstrate a sound knowledge of food preparation skills, as well as organizational and planning skills. Take note of candidates who lack strong customer service and communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Caterers:
1. What process or method do you use to create a menu?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and creative thinking skills, as well as attention to detail to cover all aspects of menu planning.
2. How would you react if a difficult client constantly makes changes to the menu?
Demonstrates candidates' customer service and problem solving skills.
3. What would you do if half your services suddenly cannot attend an event?
Demonstrates candidates' organizational, managerial, and problem solving skills.
4. What basic equipment would you need for food preparation and serving at an event?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of food preparation and safety standards.
5. How would you handle a major upcoming event where the client has given you too little time to prepare?
Demonstrates organizational and customer service skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources