Interview Questions for Catering Managers:
1. What was the most challenging catered event you've managed? What did you learn?
Determines whether the candidate’s knowledge and experience match the job requirements and also reveals potential weaknesses.
2. A customer requests catering options for a 70th birthday. What do you ask them?
Reveals the candidate's knowledge and experience, as well as their ability to consider important factors.
3. Can you describe emerging trends you've noticed in event catering?
Highlights industry knowledge and also potential weaknesses.
4. Tell me about a time when you handled a customer complaint. What happened?
Demonstrates interpersonal and problem-solving skills and reveals whether the candidate has a customer-oriented approach.
5. Can you name a few pointers you often give to inexperienced table waiters?
Assesses the candidate's experience in training catering staff and reveals whether they can anticipate training needs.