Food and beverage managers are responsible for the food and beverage needs of businesses in the hospitality industry, such as restaurants or hotels. They are responsible for tracking and ordering food and beverage supplies, quality control, and reaching financial targets.
When interviewing food and beverage managers, look for candidates who demonstrate a strong working knowledge of food and beverage trends and best practices. Be wary of candidates who lack excellent leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Food and Beverage Managers:
1. How would you go about designing a new menu for our business?
Illustrates the candidate's understanding of food trends and pairings, as well as their ability to incorporate the business's unique style and the customers' needs.
2. What cost-reducing methods have you found to be useful?
Indicates the candidate's work history and their ability to adhere to budgets while maintaining high-quality standards.
3. Can you describe a time when you handled a tricky customer complaint?
Demonstrates the candidate's customer service and problem-solving skills.
4. What would you suggest to improve our customers' dining experience?
Shows the candidate's knowledge of the company and their creative thinking and innovative skills.
5. How often would you inspect the implementation of food and safety regulations?
Illustrates the candidate's understanding of food and safety regulations in the workplace.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources