Also known as Facilities Managers or Asset Managers, Facility Managers are tasked with managing the day-to-day running of tangible assets, managing facility expenses, monitoring efficiency, forecasting facility needs, minimizing health risks, ensuring compliance with regulations, and handling lease agreements.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Facility Manager Job Description Template
We are searching for a handy and experienced Facility Manager to coordinate and direct the running and maintenance of our organization's facilities. Duties for the Facility Manager will include conducting property inspections, overseeing facility-management budgets, developing facilities' policies and procedures, managing projects, negotiating with contractors, overseeing staff safety, planning and improving work-spaces, responding to emergencies, inspecting safety equipment, managing waste disposal, handling catering and cleaning requirements, and overseeing renovations. Your skills and experience in facilities management will assist our organization in improving working conditions for all staff, enhancing efficiency, ensuring facilities are compliant with regulations, creating a comfortable environment for clients, and aid in achieving overall business objectives.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent organizational skills, superior interpersonal skills, project management experience, and excellent communication skills. The outstanding Facility Manager should design and create environments that are conducive to staff productivity, ensure facilities meet employee and client needs, minimize hazards, understand technical aspects of property, and have a holistic approach to facilities management.
Facility Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervising contractors.
- Maintaining property and technical infrastructure.
- Planning and designing work-spaces and layout.
- Managing and forecasting infrastructure demands.
- Ensuring compliance with regulations.
- Maximizing equipment lifespan.
- Improving facility management processes and procedures.
- Managing risk and minimizing health hazards.
- Inspecting and testing safety equipment.
- Conducting inspections of the physical business environment.
Facility Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Facilities Management, Engineering or Property Management.
- Project management experience.
- Good communications skills.
- Strategic thinking.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Property management experience.
- Highly organized.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.