Facilities Coordinator Job Description Template
We are seeking a knowledgeable Facilities Coordinator to ensure an optimal working environment in our building. In this role, you will be responsible for performing regular building safety and security inspections, maintaining our building's equipment, and supervising cleaning crews.
To ensure success, Facilities Coordinators should exhibit extensive experience in facility maintenance and the ability to liaise with contractors. A top-notch Facilities Coordinator should be a maintenance expert who promotes an efficient and safe environment.
Facilities Coordinator Responsibilities:
- Managing building and equipment maintenance schedules.
- Responding to urgent maintenance calls.
- Preparing for emergencies by creating building evacuation and other action plans.
- Testing building security systems and promoting safety within the building.
- Managing equipment and supply needs, including furniture, telecommunications, kitchen appliances, office equipment and supplies, and climate control.
- Liaising with vendors and suppliers on behalf of senior managers.
- Reporting to the Facilities Manager on a regular basis.
- Supervising cleaning crews and maintenance workers.
- Documenting processes and keeping maintenance records.
- Monitoring maintenance budget spending.
Facilities Coordinator Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Project Management, or similar.
- A completed course in Facilities Management will be advantageous.
- A minimum of two years of experience in facility coordination, project management, or real estate.
- Proficiency in Facilities Management (FM) software, like Drober and UpKeep.
- Extensive experience in building and equipment maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of maintenance planning and schedules.
- Ability to respond to building and equipment emergencies.
- In-depth knowledge of building safety regulations and security protocols.
- Proficiency in office software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.