Also known as Facilities Managers or Asset Managers, Facility Managers are tasked with managing the daily running of physical assets, monitoring facility expenses, supervising contractors, inspecting safety equipment, overseeing renovations, ensuring compliance with regulations, and negotiating lease agreements.
The ideal candidate for this role should possess strong interpersonal skills, multitasking abilities, good organizational skills, and good problem-solving skills. Be wary of candidates with poor general knowledge of business functions, poor time management skills, limited negotiation skills, and poor networking skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Facility Manager Interview Questions
1. How do you handle conflict and disagreements with contractors?
Look for candidates that demonstrate good communication, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
2. Companies often have limited budgets for facilities management, what budget activities do you prioritize?
Look for candidates who prioritize safety, integration, and compliance activities over aesthetics. Candidates should also demonstrate their ability to stretch limited funds.
3. Which facilities management software are you familiar with?
Look for candidates that are familiar with a variety of software applications. Candidates should also demonstrate computer literacy.
4. How do you keep your compliance and regulatory knowledge up to date?
Look for candidates that demonstrate good research abilities. Candidates should also be regular attendees of conferences and seminars around regulation changes.
5. You've had a glimpse of our facilities, what is your immediate impression and what would you change or improve?
Look for candidates that would make practical changes that improve the organization's work environment and improve efficiency.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources