Facilities Managers ensure that a building's services meet the needs of the workers it houses. Their primary responsibilities include inspecting and repairing electrical and plumbing services, managing janitorial duties and ensuring adequate catering and vending services.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Facilities Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for multi-skilled candidates who can balance technical maintenance with good people skills. Facilities Managers are responsible for creating a suitable working environment, ensuring facilities are always clean and installing and maintaining adequate communications infrastructure, among other duties.
Moreover, Facilities Managers need to be able to attend to multiple concerns involving both workers and their working environment, requiring good organizational and multitasking ability.
Facilities Manager Responsibilities:
- Fostering a professional working environment.
- Inspecting and repairing electrical and plumbing services.
- Managing janitorial duties.
- Ensuring adequate catering and vending services.
- Undertaking building and grounds maintenance.
- Ensuring facilities are always clean.
- Installing and managing air conditioning services.
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Managing waste disposal systems.
- Ensuring a constant security presence.
- Installing and maintaining adequate communications infrastructure.
- Managing parking facilities and ensuring space.
- Overseeing refurbishments and renovations.
Facilities Manager Requirements:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years in facilities management.
- Project management skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Multitasking ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Good time management.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources