An Executive Pastor oversees a church's operations, strategic planning, administration, finances and human resources to achieve their mission and vision. Executive Pastors lead and oversee church staff such as preachers, elders and deacons.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Executive Pastor Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized, exemplary Executive Pastor to oversee our church’s operations, and to lead and direct our staff. The Executive Pastor will set goals for staff to accomplish the church's mission and vision. You will support, coach and assess staff, implement processes to optimize operational capabilities, strive to expand and unify the church, and manage resources effectively. You will ensure members of different ages and from diverse backgrounds are served effectively, and oversee church services.
To ensure success in this role you need to perform a wide range of duties in a manner that reflects your spiritual condition and beliefs. Ideal applicants are capable leaders, spiritually mature and organized.
Executive Pastor Responsibilities:
- Overseeing church operations.
- Leading, overseeing and having regular meetings with staff.
- Guiding and improving interactions between senior pastor, elders, deacons, pastors and other staff members.
- Collaborating with senior pastor and elders regarding ministry administration, and implementation of mission and vision of church.
- Overseeing human resources operations, and collaborating with senior pastor to hire, reposition, transition and dismiss staff.
- Creating annual budget.
- Overseeing financial, budget and fundraising operations.
- Assisting staff to manage ministry budgets.
- Managing social media accounts and other communications.
- Reviewing, creating and implementing policies and procedures to ensure effective operation of church.
Executive Pastor Requirements:
- Evident relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Master’s of Divinity degree.
- 5+ years relevant ministry experience.
- Proficient with FellowshipOne, QuickBooks, MS Office Suites and social media.
- Spiritually mature.
- Demonstrated leadership skills as outlined in the Bible.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Team player.
- Proficient multitasking skills.