Interview Questions for Executive Pastors:
1. Are you a Christian, and why would you say so?
The candidate's answer should convince you of their salvation and will display their denominational beliefs. Exercise caution in considering candidates whose beliefs vary vastly from your congregation's, as this will cause divisions and problems.
2. How would you deal with the following problematic staff members effectively: gossipmongers, bullies, and liars?
The applicant's answer will display their leadership style, people skills, problem-solving capabilities, and spiritual maturity.
3. Are you proficient with managing a church’s finances effectively?
The prospective hire needs to convince you of their ability to manage your church’s budget effectively.
4. How would you lead your team to deal effectively with divisive congregation members?
The applicant needs to display the ability to deal with this issue swiftly and effectively, as divisive congregants can cause severe damage to the unity and spiritual health of your church.
5. Are you effective with using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to a church’s benefit, and why would you say so?
The potential hire will display their proficiency with social media in their answer.