Educational Consultants fill advisory roles in schools, colleges, and universities. They work alongside teachers and students, implementing changes to create optimal learning environments. They typically operate as freelancers, but may also be employed by educational consulting firms.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Educational Consultant Job Description Template
We are searching for an innovative Educational Consultant to join our team. The Educational Consultant’s responsibilities will include analyzing existing curricula, admin processes, teaching resources and methods, and working with staff to improve upon them. You may also be required to sit in on classes, examine student results, and write reports.
To be successful as an Educational Consultant, you should have a good grasp of all the factors affecting the learning process and be able to identify potential weaknesses in the curriculum. Ideal candidates will be able to critique instead of criticize and work well as part of a team.
Educational Consultant Responsibilities:
- Analyzing curricula, resources, student results, and teacher performances, and ensuring that they align with set goals.
- Gathering information from educators, support staff, students, and parents.
- Closely examining academic systems and reporting to the relevant stakeholders.
- Providing workshops and instructional materials to improve lesson delivery and admin processes.
- Developing new and more effective curricula, learning outcomes, and teaching methods.
- Advising teachers, students, and parents on the effective use of digital learning tools.
- Visiting classrooms to observe lessons and provide feedback.
- Counseling educators on how to cope with exceptionally talented students as well as those who require extra attention.
Educational Consultant Requirements:
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Education or a related discipline.
- Experience in curriculum design and blended learning.
- Managerial experience at a learning institution may be required.
- Registration with the American Institute of Certified Educational Planners may be required.
- Some teaching experience is preferred.
- Relevant subject discipline knowledge may be advantageous.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources