Interview Questions for Learning Specialists:
1. What are some non-traditional teaching methods you've used that have been effective?
Tests the candidate's experience, and their willingness to find alternate solutions and innovative teaching methods to help students.
2. Can you tell us about a particularly difficult case, and how you handled it?
Tests the candidate's ability to persevere and overcome challenges.
3. Have you ever dealt with an aggressive parent or an overly critical teacher?
Tests the candidate's interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills.
4. What are some learning differences you've effectively worked with?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of learning differences.
5. How do you go about assessing students to determine if they need a Learning Specialist?
Tests the candidate's methodology, and their ability to detect students in need.