Special Education Teacher Job Description Template
We are looking for a compassionate special education teacher with experience teaching students with special needs. The ideal candidate will be patient, innovative, and organized.
To be successful as a special education teacher you should be committed to helping students, offering support to overcome practical obstacles to their learning.
Special Education Teacher Responsibilities:
- Facilitate lessons in a manner that will be effective despite a student's disability.
- Provide support for students both academically and personally where necessary.
- Respect students and treat them with dignity in the learning environment.
- Prepare lessons in advance with the needs of learners in mind.
- Design activities to achieve the learning goals of the students.
Special Education Teacher Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in education.
- Previous experience working with students with special needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of teaching practices for students with special needs.
- Specialization in Special Education would be advantageous.