Learning Specialist Job Description Template
We are seeking a dedicated learning specialist to provide individualized academic support to students who are falling behind in class. You will work closely with students, teachers, and parents to develop learning strategies tailored to each student's particular learning style, in order to help improve their grades and support their academic progress.
To be successful as a learning specialist, you should have an insightful understanding of effective teaching methods for different learning styles and aptitudes. The top candidate will have excellent listening and observational skills, as well as an empathetic mindset.
Learning Specialist Responsibilities:
- Helping students to develop effective learning strategies that promote academic improvement.
- Educating parents and teachers about learning differences.
- Assessing students to identify those who have learning differences.
- Updating parents and teachers regularly about students' progress.
- Keeping up to date with new developments in teaching methods and educational psychology.
- Building supportive, trusting relationships with students.
- Providing parents and teachers with useful resources for the benefit of students.
Learning Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education (Master's preferred).
- State teaching license.
- Experience teaching students in a variety of classes and age groups.
- Extensive knowledge of learning differences and strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, and school administration.
- Passion for bettering the lives of students.