Education Director Job Description Template
We are searching for an education director to develop new curricula across a range of disciplines in our institution. The education director must be committed to improving teaching practices through collaboration with staff, community members, and students. You should be able to use new and existing resources to ensure student needs are met, and educational goals are achieved. You will authorize textbook acquisitions and, on occasion, be tasked with writing your own educational materials.
To be successful as an education director, you should stay up-to-date with pedagogical theories and developments in education. An exceptional education director should have superb people skills and be confident in engaging individuals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines. You should be energetic, passionate, and able to clearly communicate objectives.
Education Director Responsibilities:
- Developing new curricula with the help of teachers, students, and other staff.
- Networking and building professional relationships with members of the institution and the community.
- Monitoring the progress of new and existing teaching methods.
- Closely evaluating results at the end of each quarter and writing up progress reports.
- Supervising all faculty recruitment and vetting prospective teachers.
- Identifying areas for improvement and scheduling workshops for new and existing staff.
Education Director Requirements:
- Master's degree in eucation administration or a related field.
- Teaching certification and previous teaching experience.
- The ability and patience to draft several documents and policies.
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- First-class organizational skills.
- The ability to use tact and diplomacy in interactions with all relevant parties.
- A strong ethical code.
- Maintain a positive attitude and be open to feedback.