Document controllers are responsible for the management and storage of incoming and outgoing documents that organizations utilize in their business activities. They analyze, check, and verify documents as well as assess and update the organization’s document management system.
When interviewing document controllers, strong candidates will have an excellent understanding of document control procedures and best-practices for digital as well as physical storage. Be wary of candidates with limited knowledge of document management software and who lack excellent organizational skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Document Controller:
1. What document management software have you used before?
Assesses the candidate's work experience and technical knowledge.
2. How would you deal with a duplicate folder appearing in multiple locations on the system?
Tests the candidate's problem-solving abilities.
3. Can you give us some ways in which you would check the provenance of a document that is given to you?
Evaluates the candidate's document management knowledge.
4. How would you sort a filing cabinet to be scanned, integrated with our DMS, and then securely destroyed?
Examines the candidate's work process with a practical problem.
5. What are the most important skills a document controller should have?
Examines the candidate's analytical thinking skills and reveals how they feel about their job.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources