A File Clerk files documentation according to an organization's directions, and retrieves records on request. Ideal candidates are meticulous, energetic and organized. Avoid careless, lethargic candidates.
File Clerk Interview Questions
1. Are you meticulous, and why would you say so?
The candidate's answer will display their ability to pay attention to detail, which is an essential quality for a File Clerk.
2. Could you explain the importance of filing records accurately?
The potential hire's answer will demonstrate their understanding of the importance of accurate filing.
3. How do you manage to stay focused while performing repetitive tasks?
The candidate needs to show the ability to perform accurately in this particular environment.
4. Could you give me examples from past experience where you managed to locate misfiled records?
Misfiling documentation is perilous, as a missing document could be in one of numerous possible files—or even have been disposed of. Listen for the candidate to display their problem-solving skills.
5. Which aspects of your job do you enjoy most?
The potential hire's answer will give you an indication of their strengths.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources