Documentation Specialist Interview Questions:
1. What would you do in the event of a cyber attack on your electronic documentation?
Candidates should describe the file protection software and network security systems they would implement for the protection of company records. It is not vital that candidates implement the protections themselves, but they would need to ensure that their information is protected.
2. Which software or applications have you used to help with electronic filing?
Candidates should list a number of applications they use to assist them in their job. Look for candidates who describe the benefits and shortcomings of each application.
3. What, in your opinion, is the most important quality in a documentation specialist?
Candidates should list good organizational skills and attention to detail as the key attributes of a documentation specialist.
4. How would you ensure that you maintain organizational standards?
Candidates should describe, in detail, the steps they would take to meet organizational standards. Look for a methodical approach to organization.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify it?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their role and how oversight can lead to critical information loss for the company. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error, and learned a valuable lesson from it.