Document Processors maintain document filing systems in an organization. Their responsibilities include receiving, processing, and filing documents, including image, video, and audio files. They also securely store documents and to retrieve archived materials on request.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Document Processor Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly capable Document Processor to manage our documenting processes and systems. In this role, your duties will include organizing paper and electronic files, securely storing documents, as well as distributing documented materials.
To ensure success as a Document Processor, you should demonstrate knowledge of document classification systems and ideally have experience in a similar role. An outstanding Document Processor will be detail-oriented and someone who can be relied upon to accurately process important documents.
Document Processor Responsibilities:
- Receiving and processing incoming documents, including texts and audio-visual file formats.
- Organizing documents according to classification categories.
- Filing hardcopy documents and electronic file formats.
- Copying, scanning, faxing, and emailing documents.
- Storing documents and distributing documented materials to intended recipients.
- Securely discarding duplicate and obsolete documents.
- Archiving, retrieving, and distributing filed documents on request.
- Ordering and replenishing office supplies.
- Managing the maintenance and repair of office equipment.
- Performing other administrative duties, when required.
Document Processor Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Qualification in office administration, secretarial work, or related training.
- An Associate's Degree in a relevant field will be advantageous.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a Document Processor, or in a similar role.
- Proficiency in computer software, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Media Player, and Outlook Express.
- Extensive experience in organizing, filing, archiving, and distributing documents.
- Knowledge of document classification categories and electronic filing systems.
- Experience working with office equipment, such as printers, copiers, scanners, and fax machines.
- Ability to securely store or discard documents and maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources