Also known as Caregivers, Direct Care Workers provide support to clients who are unable to perform routine daily activities without assistance. Their duties include running errands, assisting with personal hygiene, and performing housekeeping tasks. Direct Care Workers may be directly employed by clients or work at care facilities.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Direct Care Worker Job Description Template
We are looking for a dedicated Direct Care Worker to assist clients living with mobility limitations. Your duties will include performing housekeeping tasks, assisting clients with meals, and taking care of their personal hygiene needs. As a Direct Care Worker, your duties will also include running errands.
To ensure success as a Direct Care Worker, you should possess knowledge of best practices in providing care and experience in a similar role. Ultimately, an outstanding Direct Care Worker will be someone who can be entrusted with the wellbeing of clients and one who demonstrates a caring approach.
Direct Care Worker Responsibilities:
- Providing immobile, ill, or frail clients with assistance, company, and comfort.
- Administering medicine and treatments as prescribed by healthcare providers.
- Monitoring the physical, mental, and emotional conditions of clients and reporting changes to designated parties.
- Performing personal hygiene care and housekeeping duties.
- Preparing meals and assisting clients with eating and drinking.
- Assisting with the use of incontinence products or providing bathroom visit support.
- Running errands, including shopping for groceries and basic household items.
- Assisting clients from their beds into chairs or wheelchairs, and back.
- Accompanying clients on trips, such as medical appointments.
- Maintaining a clean, tidy, and safe environment.
Direct Care Worker Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- National Caregiver Certification Course (NCCC) preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of best practices in the provision of Direct Care.
- Experience in administering prescribed medications and treatments.
- Exceptional ability to assist clients with mobility, personal care, and hygiene needs.
- Ability to perform basic housekeeping duties, run errands, and prepare meals.
- Advanced ability to maintain a clean and sterile environment, as well as safely discarding biological waste.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a caring approach, and physically fit.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, including evening hours, weekends, and holidays.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources