Interview Questions for Direct Care Workers:
1. Can you tell me how you ensure that clients take their prescribed medication?
Evaluates the candidate's experience and awareness of the necessity to monitor medication intake.
2. Which technique works best to move a client from a bed into a wheelchair?
Assesses the candidate’s experience and skills, as well as the level of care they take.
3. Can you describe how you determine suitable meal plans for your clients?
Reveals the candidate's experience, as well as their ability to appropriately collaborate with primary healthcare providers on dietary requirements.
4. How do you assist bed-ridden clients with their oral hygiene?
Tests the candidate's experience and knowledge of routine personal hygiene tasks.
5. Can you share your tips to safely assist clients with eating their meals?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience, as well as their knowledge of suitable techniques and precautions.