Development Directors oversee fundraising initiatives by planning fundraising campaigns for the fiscal year ahead. The Development Director is also responsible for the development of a major gifts program and delegating tasks to the Development Coordinator where necessary.
Development Director Job Description Template
We are looking for an organized Development Coordinator to manage fundraising campaigns for our nonprofit organization by planning fundraising events and meeting with donors to build and maintain good relationships.
To be successful as a Development Director you should be able to network with potential sponsors and vendors. A good Development Director combines knowledge of finances and budgeting with strong social skills to ensure that the organization reaches its fundraising goals.
Development Director Responsibilities:
- Create fundraising goals for the fiscal year.
- Contact new and existing donors to build and maintain relationships.
- Plan major gifts programs.
- Organize fundraising events.
- Hire staff to assist with fundraising campaigns.
Development Director Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance or a related field.
- Prior experience as a fundraiser, project manager or financial planner.
- Experience working with a nonprofit organization would be advantageous.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly.
- Excellent planning skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources