The Development Director creates fundraising strategies for nonprofit organizations by planning fundraising events, maintaining relationships with donors and creating a major gifts program.
When interviewing Development Directors, the ideal candidate should show excellent communication and networking skills. Be wary of candidates with poor planning skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Development Directors:
1. How would you deliver an outstanding event on a limited budget?
Look for applicants that demonstrate creativity when working with budgets. Candidates should also be able to prioritize essential budget items.
2. How do you go about sourcing suitable and reliable partners and suppliers for an event?
Look for candidates that demonstrate research and negotiating skills. Candidates should also demonstrate an ability to match event needs and objectives with the correct supplier or partner.
3. Can you tell me about an event that was at risk of going over-budget? How did you turn it around?
Look for candidates that exhibit innovative-thinking and problem-solving skills.
4. What marketing techniques do you use?
Look for candidates that employ strategic and effective marketing plans. Candidates should also incorporate digital channels in their marketing mix.
5. Can you give an example of a time you had to manage more than one event? How did you handle it?
Highlights the candidate's organizational and multi-tasking skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources