Dental Receptionist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a personable dental receptionist to ensure that dental patients’ appointments are appropriately scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled, depending on the needs of the patients. The dental receptionist’s responsibilities include entering patient information onto our data system, answering patients’ questions, and arranging referrals to other dental specialists. You should also be able to prepare billing statements.
To be successful as a dental receptionist, you should be able to organize and maintain patient waiting areas as well as front-desk areas. Ultimately, a top-performing dental receptionist will perform all duties in a manner that ensures the efficient running of the dental practice.
Dental Receptionist Responsibilities:
- Greeting and welcoming patients to the practice.
- Scheduling, rescheduling, or canceling appointments as needed.
- Assisting patients to fill out information forms.
- Preparing patients’ charts and daily schedules for the dental staff.
- Updating patient records and documenting recent treatments and procedures.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments and providing telephonic reminders.
- Communicating with medical insurance providers to determine if patients are required to make co-payments.
- Verifying methods of payment and collecting payments as needed.
- Performing general office duties, such as answering telephones, photocopying, filing, and faxing.
Dental Receptionist Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification in office administration, medical administration, or related fields is advantageous.
- Proven experience working in a dental office.
- Sound knowledge of dental terminology.
- Proficient in dental practice management software (Dentrix).
- Working knowledge of general administrative practices.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.