Dental Hygienists perform teeth cleanings, check patients for oral diseases and conditions, and help patients develop better oral hygiene regimens. Successful applicants will be knowledgeable about dental hygiene and invested in patient care. Avoid candidates who lack strong communication skills.
Interview Questions for Dental Hygienists
1. How do you assess a patient’s oral health? What would you recommend for certain conditions?
Tests oral health knowledge.
2. Describe how you handle conflicts with patients, coworkers, or your supervising dentist.
Shows ability to work with others.
3. How do you motivate uncooperative patients? How do you comfort anxious or fearful patients?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills.
4. What experience do you have running and interpreting diagnostic tests? Explain.
Tests job knowledge.
5. Beyond providing dental care, what other duties do you expect to perform?
Reveals job expectations.
Post a Dental Hygienist job ad to 100+ free job boards with one submission