A Credit Analyst, also known as Credit Risk Analyst, determines the creditworthiness and risk profile of an individual or business by analyzing their financial data, and deciding whether or not to extend them credit. Credit Analysts are typically employed by commercial banks and investment firms.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Credit Analyst Job Description Template
We are seeking to hire a Credit Analyst to join our team. You will manage a portfolio of clients and report to the Head of Credit. Your responsibilities will include evaluating the financial status of potential customers, monitoring existing clients, performing risk assessments, writing detailed reports, and making informed decisions while extending credit.
To excel in this role, you will have a Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field. You should demonstrate sound judgment, strong analytical skills, and negotiation skills. A background in the financial industry is advantageous.
- Analyze and assess the financial statements and credit history of existing and potential clients.
- Review credit applications and perform credit checks.
- Structure deals and perform risk assessments.
- Ability to make informed decisions backed by sound assessment.
- Consult and negotiate with clients regarding financial transactions, payment terms, and credit limits.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and submit applications on time.
- Understanding of business, economic, and industry risk.
- Financial forecasting.
- Keep abreast of financial news and trends.
- Practice due diligence.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
- Further certification may be required.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and time-management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Ethical behavior.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources