Credit Analysts determine the creditworthiness of customers by collecting and analyzing their financial data to decide whether or not to extend them credit. Successful candidates are analytically-minded, detail-oriented and highly organized. Avoid those who lack financial expertise and experience.
Interview Questions for Credit Analysts
1. Can you describe an effective approach to assessing the credit status of a potential client?
Tests financial, analytical, and assessment skills.
2. What is the process for extending credit to a client?
Reveals job knowledge, analytical, and decision-making skills.
3. What, in your opinion, are the most important credit metrics to look at?
Shows understanding of financial data and credit metrics.
4. Can you describe a time when you identified a complex problem related to a client, and devised a solution that helped your employer?
Shows interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
5. What is a good debt to equity ratio?
Tests critical thinking skills.