CNU charges nonmember employers $50.00 for a single job post. Qualifying companies and members receive a 50% discount on their listings, and Urbanist members can post jobs for free.
Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) is a well-established organization that has championed the redevelopment of neighborhoods, public places, commercial corridors, and rural environments in the U.S. since 1993. The platform supports individuals working to design for climate change and create walkable spaces.
CNU's job board advertises a host of town planning and regulation vacancies across the country. While the site does not feature additional recruitment services, such as promoted listings, resume searches, or an applicant tracking system, they give employers access to a network of candidates that share CNU's vision of people-centered urbanism.
- CNU's job board gives employers access to over 2,600 town planning and regulation professionals.
- Both CNU members and nonmembers can submit vacancies to the site.
- The platform is more affordable than some niche competitors, such as APA Jobs Online and CareerBuilder.
- CNU members can advertise jobs on CNU's job board for free.
- The organization's local chapters host in-person and virtual networking opportunities.
- CNU does not have a dashboard from which employers can post and manage listings.
- The platform does not promote job posts on its social media pages or other job boards.
- The site does not feature a resume database, an applicant tracking system, or employer branding opportunities.
While we were unable to find any online reviews of CNU's job board, the organization received a 4.9-star rating on their Facebook page, based on the views of more than 50 people.
How to Post a Job on Congress for the New Urbanism Job Board:
Employers interested in placing a vacancy on the site's job board should email their job post to the organization, and they will send nonmembers and advocate members an invoice to pay for the listing. The job post will then go live on CNU's job board.
Congress for the New Urbanism Job Board vs. APA Jobs Online:
Like CNU Job Board, APA Jobs Online advertises planning and regulation jobs across the U.S. CNU Job Board is the more affordable option, charging $245.00 less than AICP for a professional-level job post. AICP, however, features a dashboard from which employers can post and manage listings, which CNU Job Board lacks.
Congress for the New Urbanism Job Board vs. The Western Planner Jobs:
CNU Job Board and The Western Planner jobs are both niche job boards catering to planning and regulation professionals. While both platforms offer a free job posting option, The Western Planner features more hiring tools than CNU, such as social media exposure, promoted listings, and email advertising.
Congress for the New Urbanism Job Board vs. CareerBuilder:
CareerBuilder is a popular general job board with an international reach. While CNU Job Board is more niche, they have a smaller audience than CareerBuilder, with around 2,600 members compared to the latter's 20 million registered job seekers. CareerBuilder's pricing starts at $349.00 per post, while CNU charges $50.00 per post.