Concrete Foreman Job Description Template
We are looking to employ an experienced concrete foreman to supervise our concrete laborers and oversee all activities relating to the erection of concrete structures. The responsibilities of the concrete foreman include evaluating the performance of the concrete laborers, ensuring that project costs remain within budget, and investigating work-related accidents. You should also be able to manage project materials and resources as well as oversee the use of equipment and tools.
To be successful as a concrete foreman, you should be able to correctly interpret blueprints, plans, and drawings. Ultimately, an exceptional concrete foreman should demonstrate excellent management and problem-solving skills as well as enforce compliance with safety regulations.
Concrete Foreman Responsibilities:
- Overseeing all activities pertaining to concrete preparation, placement, installation, finishing, and curing.
- Dividing concrete construction projects into different stages and evaluating how much labor and materials are required for each stage.
- Resolving all problems that may affect project quality and completion.
- Consulting blueprints, drawings, and plans to ensure that concrete structures are accurately placed and installed.
- Delegating tasks to concrete laborers and providing overall guidance.
- Maintaining accurate records of the number of hours worked and the number of materials used for each project.
- Ensuring that formwork and shoring are erected, supported, and dismantled based on engineering designs and drawings.
- Inspecting concrete after the formwork and shoring has been removed and instructing concrete laborers on how to correct defects and concrete roughness.
Concrete Foreman Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in construction management or construction science is advantageous.
- Certification through the American Institute of Constructors or the Construction Management Association of America is preferred.
- Proven experience working as a Concrete Foreman.
- Commercial driver's license.
- Working knowledge of estimation software.
- The ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, and plans.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.