Also known as Cement Masons, Concrete Laborers specialize in building structures from concrete materials and ensure that concrete is poured correctly. They prepare the site by setting up the forms in which concrete is poured to create walls, structures, pillars, and walkways.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Concrete Laborer Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a Concrete Laborer to be responsible for designing and building forms, pouring concrete, then spreading and smoothing it using trowels or other tools. You may also be required to apply stains to finish the concrete, adding small stones for decoration, and concluding the process by applying waterproofing and sealants.
To be successful as a Concrete Laborer, you should be up to date with the latest technology involving concrete work, possess the knowledge and skill of a specialist in the field, and maintain a high standard of work. Your ability to meet job specifications and make top class finishes in concrete work will ensure your success.
Concrete Laborer Responsibilities:
- Designing and building forms.
- Setting up the forms.
- Pouring concrete.
- Using wire mesh to reinforce the concrete.
- Spreading and smoothing concrete.
- Molding expansion joints and edges.
- Using stains or colors to add the finishing touch.
- Adding small stones or other materials for decoration.
- Applying waterproofing and sealant to protect the concrete work.
- Monitoring the material to ensure it hardens to a durable finish.
Concrete Laborer Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- 3-year apprenticeship under journeymen workers.
- 2,000 hours of hands-on experience.
- Ability to perform strenuous tasks with your hands.
- Ability to kneel, bend and lift heavy materials.
- Ability to measure accurately and read specifications.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources