Bricklayers are skilled craftsmen responsible for constructing brickwork by laying bricks using the correct mortar mixture. They are knowledgeable in the different types of bricks available and how to construct or repair walls in accordance with industry standards.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Bricklayer Job Description Template
We are looking for a skilled Bricklayer to be responsible for constructing brickwork for a building. The Bricklayer must be able to read and analyze building plans, check specifications, determine the most accurate layout, and mark guidelines. You should also be able to mix mortar powder, sand, clay, and water correctly to obtain an acceptable consistency.
To be successful as a Bricklayer, you should be detail-oriented and display the necessary knowledge and skill to build walls, houses or other building structures. Ultimately, a top-notch Bricklayer should maintain a high standard of workmanship with safety and precision. The building, when completed, must be admired and appreciated as the work of a craftsman.
- Analyzing and interpreting building plans.
- Interpreting work orders and determining the materials required.
- Measuring distance from reference points.
- Calculating angles and determining the vertical and horizontal alignment of courses.
- Laying bricks using mortar as a binder and a trowel to level.
- Fastening bricks with wire clamps or cement.
- Working safely on scaffolds and swing stages at various heights.
- Using equipment and tools effectively to perform basic construction tasks.
- High school diploma or GED certification.
- OSHA 10 certified.
- Minimum of 1 years' industry experience on a construction site.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in bricklaying and the construction of buildings.
- Problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift 100 pounds.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources