Fence Installers assemble and position fencing around the perimeter of an area, or along specified lines to cordon off one or more sections of land. Fence Installers are also referred to as Fence Erectors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Fence Installer Job Description Template
We are looking for a talented Fence Installer to tend to our clients' fencing requirements. The Fence Installer will be required to inspect locations to ascertain their suitability, advise on appropriate fencing materials, and then build and place these barriers in specified areas. You should also ensure that sites are free from waste before you leave.
To be successful as a Fence Installer, you should possess an understanding of the ways in which climates and terrains dictate fencing solutions. An outstanding Fence Installer will propose materials and finishes that fit with the aesthetic of the sites on which they work.
Fence Installer Responsibilities:
- Corresponding with clients to determine the types and functions of the fencing they require.
- Inspecting property plans to determine the parameters of each site when these are unclear.
- Conducting site inspections to ascertain the amount of materials needed to complete each installation.
- Measuring the length of each section that requires fencing, and determining the requisite height of each fence in collaboration with clients.
- Suggesting alternate finishes based on the climate, topography, and appearance of each area, if needed.
- Trimming sections of the fencing to ensure that they are appropriate in size.
- Preparing the site by digging holes and trenches in which the fencing will be positioned.
- Joining, raising, and securing segments of the fence in place.
- Checking for gaps and vulnerabilities in the fencing and correcting these, if needed.
- Issuing warranties for completed projects.
Fence Installer Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Qualified by training and/or experience.
- License to install electric fencing is highly advantageous.
- Ability to operate the appropriate tools and equipment.
- Excellent visuospatial and measurement skills.
- A firm grasp of relevant math and physics principles.
- Perceptive, with outstanding judgment.
- Superb interpersonal abilities, including excellent communication.
- Capacity to fulfill your duties independently and on time.
- Physically fit and dexterous.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources