Concept Artist Job Description Template
We are looking for an imaginative concept artist to develop and visualize ideas for our clients. In this role, you will consult with the creative team, interpret the concepts for the project, and translate the briefs into visual artworks.
To ensure success as a concept artist, you should be able to combine imagination and skill to produce accurate visual references and work in a variety of mediums. Top-notch concept artists are able to produce high-quality previsualizations that perfectly meet the specifications and vision of the client.
Concept Artist Responsibilities:
- Collaborating with the project team to brainstorm and interpret the project brief.
- Researching relevant project material including translation styles, characters, and similar projects.
- Presenting concepts, research, and references to the project team.
- Interpreting initial ideas and creating quick sketch drafts for review.
- Creating detailed concept designs in a variety of mediums specific to the brief such as 2D drawings or 3D renders.
- Participating in feedback consultations and noting changes.
- Developing characters, environments, props, and designs based on feedback.
- Manage project timelines and schedules and reporting any issues to the supervisor.
- Keeping up to date with the latest design trends and advancements in technology.
Concept Artist Requirements:
- Degree in graphic design or fine art preferred.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating strong artistic and storytelling ability.
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a concept artist or graphic designer preferred.
- Excellent sketching abilities for rough conceptualization.
- Proficient in a variety of digital 2D and 3D software programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Maya, and Blender.
- Ability to deliver high-quality artwork against tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpretation abilities.
- Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team.
- Willingness to learn new software programs and tools.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.