Concept artists use both analog and digital tools to interpret ideas and generate reference artwork. They translate abstract concepts into tangible imagery to guide and develop the design process in collaboration with the project team.
When interviewing concept artists, look for candidates who have a good portfolio and excellent communication skills. Avoid candidates who struggle to meet deadlines or work in collaboration with other creatives.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Concept Designers:
1. What design software do you prefer to work with and why?
Assesses the candidate's technical ability and experience.
2. What would you ask a client who is describing a futuristic concept for a film?
Explores the candidate's communication and interpersonal skills.
3. How would you estimate the time it would take to complete a project?
Evaluates the candidate's time management and organizational skills.
4. How would you approach the process of designing a new video game character?
Explores the candidate's creative process.
5. What was the most challenging project that you worked on?
Reveals the candidate's work history and technical ability.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources