Interview Questions for Computer Hardware Engineers:
1. What is the most complex hardware system you have built, and how long did it take you to build?
Demonstrates the candidate’s skill set and ability to work within a set timeframe.
2. How do you keep your computer hardware and software knowledge up to date?
Demonstrates the candidate’s willingness to improve industry knowledge for increased job performance.
3. What is your standard troubleshooting process when developing a computer system?
Indicates the analytical mind of the candidate and their standard work practices.
4. How would you incorporate a hardware component you have never used before?
Assesses the troubleshooting abilities of the candidate.
5. How would you deal with a situation where you cannot create a viable hardware system to run the desired software in the timeframe given?
Demonstrates the candidate’s collaborative abilities with the software development team.