Computer Programmer Interview Questions:
1. How do you keep your programming and technical knowledge up to date?
Look for candidates that research new technologies and demonstrate a willingness to learn constantly.
2. What programming language do you prefer?
Look for candidates that use similar languages as your organization. Also, be open to candidates that can introduce new programming languages and technology to your organization.
3. What do you prioritize when evaluating server software and hardware infrastructure?
Look for candidates that have a firm grasp of the flow and communication of computer structures.
4. Which software development process do you follow?
Look for candidates that work with common and familiar development processes. Candidates should also demonstrate their ability to follow processes that can be executed efficiently and cost-effectively.
5. Can you create a small piece of coding for us?
Candidates must be able to demonstrate their actual coding abilities and skills, and not just talk about coding without samples.