Communications Officers write and distribute content to promote an organization's brand, activities or products. They act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that the brand remains top of mind. They are also known as communications specialists and public relations specialists.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Communications Officer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dedicated Communications Officer to join our team. The Communications Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy, write and disseminate publicity material, respond to inquiries from the public and media, and coordinate promotional events.
To succeed as a Communications Officer, you should be able to think creatively, and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. A Bachelor's Degree with experience as a Communications Officer or equivalent experience in a similar role is strongly desired.
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years' relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources