Commis Chefs are employed by various establishments with commercial kitchens to prepare and measure ingredients for Chef de Parties, receive deliveries, and ensure that work stations are clean at all times. They typically work under the supervision of senior Chefs to expand their culinary skills.
When interviewing Commis Chefs, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate dedication, efficiency, and sound knowledge of proper food handling procedures. Be wary of candidates who have low energy, ineffective communication skills, and poor organizational skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Commis Chefs:
1. How do you ensure that meal ingredients are suitable for customer consumption?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
2. What difficulties might a Commis Chef experience during restaurant rush hours?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge and experience.
3. What precautions should be taken during meal preparation?
Demonstrates the candidate's knowledge of food health and safety regulations as well as experience.
4. What would you do if a Chef de Partie asked you to perform a difficult task that you have never done before?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication skills and ability to ask questions.
5. What would you do if you accidentally signed for an incorrect delivery?
Demonstrates the candidate's communication and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources