Commercial lawyers help clients navigate legal relationships in the business world. Their duties include reading and amending contracts, reviewing business mergers, representing clients in court, and more.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Commercial Lawyer Job Description Template
We are seeking a legal ace with excellent interpersonal skills for the role of commercial lawyer. The commercial lawyer will be responsible for representing clients in court, drafting and amending contracts, overseeing company mergers, negotiating on behalf of the client, and more.
A successful commercial lawyer will be diligent, possess a vast knowledge of corporate law and have great client-facing skills as well as good written and verbal communication.
Commercial Lawyer Responsibilities:
- Drafting and amending contracts.
- Representing clients in court.
- Negotiating on behalf of clients.
- Reviewing and overseeing business mergers.
- Drafting various legal documents.
- Helping clients with the litigation process.
- Writing commercial reports.
- Anticipating legal concerns for clients.
Commercial Lawyer Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree from a law school.
- Licensed to practice law from the State Bar Association.
- Diligence and attention to detail.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Confidence and great negotiating skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources