A Business Lawyer is an attorney who focuses on providing legal advice to business owners on issues that affect businesses, such as taxation, business transactions, and intellectual property rights. The Business Lawyer may also be known as a Corporate Attorney, Corporate Lawyer, or Commercial Lawyer.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Business Lawyer Job Description Template
We are looking for an analytical Business Lawyer to be responsible for providing legal advice on our business matters, such as patents, contracts, labor agreements, regulatory measures, taxation, and intellectual property rights. The Business Lawyer's responsibilities include researching cases, drafting contracts, developing diverse corporate procedures, managing budgets, ensuring regulatory compliance, drafting codes of conduct, litigating course cases, and facilitating corporate mergers.
To be a successful Business Lawyer, you should be focused on protecting the reputation and assets of the company. You should be detail-oriented, knowledgeable, and persuasive, with excellent communication skills.
Business Lawyer Responsibilities:
- Assisting businesses to prevent, navigate, and resolve complex legal issues.
- Assisting and advising businesses on establishing their company's structure, policies, objectives, and procedures for their business operations.
- Ensuring all relevant laws and outcomes are understood and obeyed by businesses.
- Researching and resolving legal disputes through the analysis of relevant laws, argument development, evidence collection, and legal representation.
- Drafting, reviewing, completing, and filing legal paperwork related to business operations.
- Examining and reporting any potential or existing legal issues to the relevant authorities.
- Negotiating contract terms, transactions, and settlements on behalf of the businesses involved.
- Ensuring all business processes, strategies, and actions comply with all relevant local, state, federal, and international laws.
- Managing multiple clients, cases, and legal activities that carry varying deadlines.
Business Lawyer Requirements:
- A Juris Doctor in law, successful passing of the bar exam, and a valid state license.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, reasoning, and negotiation skills.
- Strong research and verbal and written communication skills.
- Good leadership, organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and time constraints to meet deadlines.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources