Interview Questions for Business Lawyers:
1. What legal risks should you navigate and resolve in corporate mergers?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and analytical skills.
2. Can you describe a mistake you have made in business law and how you resolved it?
Demonstrates candidates' experience and their ability to learn from their mistakes.
3. What would you do if you had to represent a business in a case that you were morally opposed to?
Demonstrates candidates' work ethic and their ability to work under pressure.
4. How would you deal with a management team or board that is angry with you after their case was lost?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving skills as well as reasoning, communication, and interpersonal skills.
5. What basic tenants should be present in the drafting of a company's structure and policies?
Demonstrates candidate's knowledge as well as their critical thinking and analytical skills.