Comedians create humorous content which they usually perform at live or prerecorded shows. Comedians may be allotted segments of programs, though some produce full-length, solo acts.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Comedian Job Description Template
We are searching for a self-aware Comedian to execute side-splitting acts. The Comedian will be required to research relatable phenomena, write engaging stand-up material, and then deliver hilarious performances. In this process, you should harness the audience's experiences to ensure memorability.
To ensure success as a Comedian, you should maintain an amicable, accessible relationship with viewers. Ultimately, a superb Comedian will be able to laugh at and draw on their own experiences.
- Researching current topics, audience interests, and trends in comedy.
- Writing witty, captivating, and memorable comedic content.
- Choreographing comedy-enhancing movements.
- Memorizing your written and choreographed content.
- Testing audiovisual devices before every show.
- Performing lightly and heavily scripted plus improvisational content.
- Utilizing other talents to augment your comedic performances, where possible.
- Conversing with viewers after your comedic performances.
- High school diploma.
- Demonstrable experience as a Comedian.
- Adaptable comedic style.
- Ability to excel at stand-up and prerecorded performances.
- Familiarity with pertinent audiovisual equipment.
- Superb written, verbal, improvisation, and memorization skills.
- Capacity to draw on audience members' experiences to enhance your comedy.
- Ability to engage with divisive topics sensitively.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources