CNE Job Board
Free for members and $50.00 for nonmembers.
Phone and email.
The CNE provides a basic job posting service that appeals to NPOs with tight hiring budgets. While the platform's main attraction is its access to a targeted pool of nonprofit talent in the state of Virginia, it lacks several core hiring tools, such as resume searches, job distribution, and social media promotion.
- A $50.00 job post fee is slightly more affordable than some rival nonprofit job boards, such as Foundation List.
- The job board attracts mission-driven job seekers wanting to make a social impact.
- A selection of jobs is included in the company newsletter each week, giving listings more exposure.
- CNE members benefit from free job posts, and access to training, resource sharing, networking opportunities, and more.
- The job board caters exclusively to the state of Virginia, giving employers a central hub to find local talent.
- The company can be reached via phone and email.
- Only members can post jobs for free.
- There is no searchable candidate resume database for employers to make proactive hires.
- Fewer than 60 job posts listed on the job board indicate a lack of popularity with employers.
- Job posts require salary ranges to be disclosed.
- The job board does not distribute listings to other job boards for added reach.
- There are no applicant tracking tools or bulk posting discounts to appeal to companies that hire at scale.
The CNE is a respected organization, but we were unable to find reviews for their job board.
The CNE offers free job posting for members and a $50.00 fee for nonmembers.
How to Post a Job on CNE Job board:
Four easy steps for posting a job on CNE job board.
Posting a job on CNE job board.
Click on "Job opportunities"
Navigate to thecne.org and hover over the "Community" tab. Select "JOB OPPORTUNITIES" from the drop-down menu.
Find the job posting form for nonmembers.
If you are not a member of the CNE, click on the link that reads "this form" in the second paragraph on the page.
Create your job post.
Include relevant information and tick the boxes in the Nonprofit Affirmation section.
Pay for your job post.
Scroll down to find the payment section. Add your payment details and click on the "Submit" button to finalize the process. Your job post will be reviewed and confirmed within two days of paying for it.
CNE job board vs. Idealist:
Both Idealist and CNE have free job posting options, appealing to small and large companies alike. Neither job board has a candidate CV database. Idealist has the advantage of a massive job seeker audience, with over a million site visitors each month and more than 130,000 partner organizations. It is unclear how many job seekers CNE reaches.
CNE job board vs. Foundation List:
At $85.00 per job post, Foundation List is slightly costlier than CNE's fee of $50.00 for nonmembers, and its free job posting service for members. Both sites attract socially conscious workers, but only Foundation List distributes vacancies to other job posting sites and promotes listings on its social media pages.
CNE job board vs. NPO.net:
NPO.net has no free job posting option, while CNE is free for members, making it appealing to nonprofits with tight hiring budgets. NPO.net's advantage over its rival is job distribution tools, social media promotion, and employer branding for added visibility.
What is CNE?
CNE is an advisory organization that consults nonprofits in Virginia. Their job board connects NPOs with a wide range of talent in the nonprofit sector.
What does it cost to post a job on CNE job board?
CNE members can post jobs for free, while nonmembers pay a fee of $50.00 per post.