City & State New York Jobs
From $90.00 /internship post.
Bulk job posting plans
Email and newsletter advertising
Resume database access
Social media promotion
City & State New York Jobs allows employers to advertise a wide variety of government and nonprofit-related vacancies, including communications, HR, law, and city planning roles. Hosted by the online publication City & State New York, job postings reach more than 30,000 local subscribers via daily and weekly newsletters.
The platform's standout features include social media promotion and discounted internship postings. While the job board is a valuable resource for employers in search of local talent, it lacks several advanced hiring tools, such as resume database access and applicant tracking.
- Companies gain access to a niche pool of local professionals in search of city- and state-wide government-related roles.
- The platform offers various job posting plans to suit different budgets and hiring needs.
- Listings can be featured on the site's home page for increased visibility.
- There are bulk job posting plans available.
- Employers can feature their job posts in City & State's First Read weekly newsletter.
- Vacancies are promoted on the job board's social media pages for added exposure.
- City & State New York Jobs is more affordable than some of its rival job boards, such as The New York Times Jobs.
- Listings are added to City & State's Saturday careers email, reaching around 10,000 subscribers.
- The job posting process is quick and easy.
- City & State New York Jobs does not offer a free job posting plan.
- Vacancies aren't distributed to other job boards.
- The platform lacks applicant tracking and candidate matching tools.
We were unable to find any online reviews of City & State New York Jobs.
Single Job Posting
Single Job Posting with Featured Listing
First Read Job Ad & Single Job Posting
5 Job Pack
5 Job Pack with Featured Listing
10 Job Pack
10 Job Pack with Featured Listing
5 Job Pack with One Week in First Read
10 Job Pack with One Week in First Read
How to Post a Job on City & State New York Jobs:
Four easy steps for posting a job on City & State New York Jobs.
Posting a job on City & State New York Jobs.
Create an employer account.
From the home page, click on "EMPLOYERS" in the top-right corner and select "Create Employer Account" from the drop-down menu. Complete the online registration form and click on "Register" to proceed.
Select a job posting package.
Click on "PRODUCTS" on the left-hand side of the top menu bar and choose your preferred job posting plan by clicking on "Post Job" next to the applicable heading.
Fill out the online job posting form.
Add information about your vacancy to the online form, such as the title, location, and description. Once you're done, click on "Preview Job."
Pay for your job post.
Read through your listing for accuracy and click on "Payment" to proceed. Fill out the online form with your credit card details and click on "Process Payment" to complete the purchase.
Once your payment has been processed, your vacancy will go live on the site.
City & State New York Jobs vs. The New York Times Jobs:
City & State New York Jobs and The New York Times Jobs are both job boards dedicated to the local job market, but of the two, the former is the more affordable option. However, for The New York Times Jobs' higher price tag, employers benefit from robust job distribution tools and job post-screening questions.
City & State New York Jobs vs. amNY Jobs:
Like City & State New York Jobs, amNY Jobs offers featured listings and a 30-day job posting period, but the former gives employers a slightly more targeted approach to hiring government and nonprofit professionals. City & State New York Jobs also offers social media promotion, which amNY Jobs lacks.
City & State New York Jobs vs. CareerBuilder:
CareerBuilder is a popular job board that advertises general vacancies to more than 80 million U.S. job seekers. While City & State New York Jobs has a smaller reach, the platform gives employers access to a niche pool of local professionals. While the site is more affordable than CareerBuilder, only the latter features AI-matched candidate alerts.
What is City & State New York Jobs?
City & State New York Jobs is a niche job board that connects employers with local professionals in search of city- and state-wide government, nonprofit, and labor-related roles.
What does it cost to post a job on City & State New York Jobs?
City & State New York Jobs' pricing starts from $90.00 for an internship posting.
How do I create an account on City & State New York Jobs?
- Navigate to City & State New York Jobs' home page.
- Click on "EMPLOYERS" and select "Create Employer Account" from the drop-down menu.
- Fill out the online registration form and click on "Register."